Arnold Magnetic Technologies
Individual will be responsible for management of existing Design Engineering duties listed in the job description.
Duties and responsibilities
· Possess skill required to design and draw CAD drawings required for the manufacture and assembly of piece parts, sub- assemblies, jigs and fixtures required to meet customer specifications and requirements of the final product.
· Possess a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
· Become proficient with MRP system in order to make BOM, routings and shop orders.
· Write and maintain manufacturing and or engineering process sheets as needed.
· Prepare quotes as received by Arnold Magnetics or potential Arnold Magnetics customers.
· Perform magnetic circuit design for components and assemblies.
· Interface with manufacturing to solve problems relating to processes, fixtures and materials.
· Assemble prototypes as needed.
· Travel to customer or supplier sites and other Arnold Magnetics facilities as needed.
· Make critical decisions when the Engineering Manager is not present
· Assisting others with Risk Mitigation of their projects
· Being supportive across departments with all projects
· Other duties as assigned
· Be able to articulate Arnold’s value proposition through design assistance without giving away proprietary technology.
· Designing for manufacturing with understanding of cost implications.
· BS Engineering field. Preferably Mechanical and/or Electrical.
· CAD and Solid works experience/knowledge.
· LEAN manufacturing experience.
· Core Mechanical or Electrical knowledge base with project management skills.
· Able to interface with customers at all levels.
· May be exposed to industrial oils, coolants, solvents, lubricants, adhesive and other chemicals. NOTE: All safety precautions will be used.
· Level of travel required: 5-10% - This involves customer visits for product discussions.
· Plant wide climate control and air conditioning
· Could work in areas with excessive noise. NOTE: Ear protection available.
· Working hours are generally Monday through Thursday 6:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. and Friday 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
· Generally working in office setting with activities in production environment.
· Could require intermittent and long periods of sitting and/or standing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.